TPO Roof Repair and Installation in Atlanta
TPO Roofing Experts Serving Marietta and Alpharetta
One of the most popular roofing materials – for flat roofs, especially – is thermoplastic polyolefin, or TPO. This single-ply membrane roofing system is durable and energy efficient. With TPO, your roof will enjoy better protection from damage and leaks, and you will save money on utility expenses from the material’s cooling effects.
If you are looking for exceptional TPO roof repair and installation services in Atlanta, look no further than Colony Roofers. We are a solutions-oriented roofing company that can help you resolve issues or upgrade your roofing system with this versatile material. Our experienced crew can walk you through TPO’s many benefits and determine if it is the right choice for your commercial roof.
Book a service appointment or request a free estimate by calling (678) 365-3138 or contacting us online.
We offer a full range of residential and commercial services for Atlanta, GA, and surrounding communities. Find out how we can help by calling (678) 539-8578
When Does My TPO Roof Need Repairs?
Because TPO is resistant to mold, dirt, and other problems that frequently trouble other roofing materials, TPO roofs are generally considered to be a low-maintenance roofing system. With that said, TPO roofs still need regular maintenance, and you should consider scheduling annual inspections. Depending on the environment where the TPO roof is installed, it may need more frequent maintenance, as extreme weather conditions can have an impact on its performance. Cleaning and clearing any debris off your TPO roof can help keep it performing optimally.
Your TPO roof may need immediate maintenance if you notice any of the following problems:
- Visible cracking, punctures, or tears in the material. Constant exposure to extreme temperatures over time can lead to thermal expansion and contraction of the materials, resulting in cracking or splitting along the seams and other weak spots. Hailstorms and high winds can also cause damage to a TPO roof by creating punctures and tears in the membrane. If debris, like branches or heavy items, lands on top of your roof and is left unaddressed for too long, it may eventually contribute to the tearing of the surface material due to the excessive weight and pressure being applied. Furthermore, loose fasteners will create weak spots, which may become more susceptible to puncturing during storms.
- Gaps in seams and flashing. Incorrect application or inadequate adhesion can lead to gaps forming between seams, flashing, and other components. Temperature fluctuations also can cause expansion and contraction of the materials, resulting in them becoming misaligned and creating spaces where water can enter.
- Loose fasteners. Poor installation or inadequate maintenance are two of the most common causes of loose fasteners. When installing a TPO roof, your roofer must properly tighten all fasteners to ensure that they secure the edges and corners of the membrane. If they do not, or if the sealants used to attach them were insufficiently applied, this can result in loosening over time due to movement or environmental conditions like high winds and heavy rains. When inspecting your roof, you should check for any missing, worn-out, or loose fasteners. If any are found, you will need one of our professionals to tighten or replace them as soon as possible before further damage occurs.
- Cracked or deteriorated sealants. UV exposure can cause sealants to break down and become brittle. Extreme temperatures can contribute to seals becoming weakened and eventually cracking under pressure. Poor installation of the sealant can also be a factor in its deterioration, as an incorrect application or inadequate adhesion could lead to cracks forming in the material. Additionally, water infiltration into underlying layers can weaken and degrade the material further and lead to it cracking more easily.
- Ponding water. Ponding water tends to be the result of rainwater accumulating in a specific area of a roof due to improperly installed slopes or obstructed drains that prevent the water from draining away. This can create puddles on the surface of the roof, which can be difficult to detect since it may not be immediately visible from the ground level. However, if left unattended, it can lead to structural damage, leaks, and mold growth. Ponding water can also happen when the weight of rainwater is too heavy for the roof deck or membrane to support. This added weight could create depressions in certain areas, which will eventually pool up with rainwater.
Should you ever encounter problems with your TPO roof, we are here to help. Our crews are available 24/7, and same-day appointments are available.
They were professional and courteous- Former Client
Colony Roofers is very professional, attentive to details, communicative, and fast.- Karen M.
The work crew was amazing, replaced the roof in a single day.- Robert Y.
They had the best package (service & price) and did not try to push getting a new roof when I did not need it.- Andrew K.
I found everyone I interacted with at this company to be pleasant and easy to work with.- Max E.
They were professional and the ease of the process was awesome.- Jacqueline H.
I can't thank Colony enough for the exemplary service they provided- David
The new roof on our home looks amazing and solid- Nancy V.
How You Can Benefit from TPO
As many building managers and commercial property owners are no doubt aware, flat roofing systems are not always ideal. Even with proactive maintenance, they are more prone to pooling water, debris buildup, and frequent leaks than other systems. Fortunately, TPO can counteract some of these drawbacks, enhancing your flat roof’s durability, preventing problems, and saving you money.
Benefits of TPO include:
- Improved energy efficiency. Single-ply cool roofing systems are especially beneficial in warmer climates like those of Georgia’s. TPO’s reflective coating helps keep areas cooled by reflecting the sun's rays away from your home or building. This helps reduce the amount of energy needed to cool down a space during hot days, resulting in less strain on your cooling systems and lower air conditioning bills.
- Superior durability. TPO offers exceptional protection against UV rays, which can cause fading and deterioration of your roofing materials over time. Additionally, TPO roofing is resistant to punctures, tears, and other forms of damage from hail or heavy debris, making it an ideal choice for businesses with flat roofs in Georgia. This will also help prevent leaks from forming.
- Ease and cost-effectiveness. TPO roofs are relatively easy to install and affordable when compared to other roofing solutions. With our fair pricing, TPO can be even more cost-effective.
When our crews assist you with TPO roof repair or installation, you can count on outstanding service every step of the way. We will help you understand how TPO can benefit your specific roof and advise whether this solution is right for you. Our experts are transparent and operate at the highest levels of integrity, so you can expect not only accurate advice but also the exclusive use of first-rate materials from leading manufacturers.
Explore TPO Today
TPO can be an asset for many roofs, especially flat roofs. Even better, they can often prove to be a money-saving project for your business. When you need TPO roof repair or installation in Atlanta, turn to our seasoned crews for trusted and dependable service.
Still have questions about TPO roofing? Contact us online or call (678) 365-3138 today.